High Rise specializes in the installation, service and maintenance of fire alarm systems within the New York City area. We are an EST Strategic Partner and a multi-year winner of their Strategic Partner of the Year Award for the Northeast Region. Whether your facility is a small commercial building, or a large residential building, High Rise can furnish and install a code compliant life safety system that is tailored to fit your needs.
• Provides one Class A or Class B intelligent device loop that supports up to 250 device addresses.
• Loop controller modules may be added in combination to expand total system capacity in 250-point increments to up to 1,000 device addresses.
• The iO1000 panel includes four NACs that may be wired for either Class A or Class B operation.
• Auto-programming speeds installation time.
• Supports Signature Series intelligent modules and detectors.
• Optional Ethernet port for diagnostics, programming and a variety of system reports
• Two programmable switches with LEDs and custom labeling
• Supports Genesis horn silence over two wires and UL 1971 -compliant strobe synchronization
• Supports up tonight serial annunciators, (LCD, LED -only, and graphic interface).
• 1,000 event panel history log
• Can use misting wiring for roost retrofit applications
• Upload/download remotely or locally
• Two -level maintenance alert reporting
• Pre -alarm and alarm verification by point.
• Combines the Signature intelligent releasing module with Signature multisensor detectors for reliable fire suppression.
• 4 x 20 character backlit LCD display
The EST iO1000 intelligent life safety system offers the power of high-end intelligent processing in a configuration that delivers an uncomplicated solution for small to mid-sized applications. With intelligent detection, electronic addressing, automatic device mapping, optional Ethernet® connectivity, and a full line of easily-configured option cards and modules, this flexible system offers versatility that benefits building owners and contractors alike. The iO1000 provides one Class A or Class B analog device loop that supports up to 250 device addresses. A second 250-point loop may be added to the iO1000 to expand total system capacity to up to 1000 device addresses. The panel includes four NACs that may be wired for either Class A or Class B operation.
The iO1000 supports a wide range of accessories and related equipment, including:
• Signature Series intelligent modules, detectors, and bases
• R-Series remote annunciators
• option cards that expand system capacity and extend system capabilities.
• Up to six intelligent analog loops hosting as many as 1,500 Signature Series devices per panel
• Optional integrated 8 -channel digital audio
• 10 amp power supply with universal 94 to 264 Vac input voltage
• Patented Voltage Boost technology delivers consistent voltage — even at low battery power
• Four built-in 3 -amp notification/auxiliary circuits
• Large 24 -line by 40 -character backlit LCD
• Simplified operation with the SpeedTouch. rotary control
• 65 amp hour battery charger
• Eight- or 64 -node network nodes using copper and/or fiber
• Supports up to 30 R -Series remote annunciators
• Removable terminals on all low voltage wiring
• Space for up to three additional option cards such as extra SLC loops, amplifiers, or dialer/modem
• Optional Ethernet interface
• 1,100 event history log
EST3X represents the latest generation of life safety control panels for mid to large sized applications. With large multi-message displays and innovative controls, intuitive interfaces, and bold colored cabinets — these systems capture the imagination, and catch the eye. But behind the LCD display is where they really shine.
New microprocessors and chipsets take full advantage of the latest advances in computing technology, leading to smarter, faster, higher-capacity processing and more efficient designs. EST3X’s patented Voltage Boost™ technology, for example, delivers consistent voltage – even at low battery power – resulting in lighter cable requirements and/or longer runs. That saves time and money.
High performance processing also leads to powerful networking features and versatile digital audio functionality. The wide range of EST3X configurations include standalone operation, networking with up to eight nodes, or integration with an EST3 network comprising as many as 64 nodes — complete with EST3-Sixty mass notification capabilities and display of security events.
EST3X sets a new standard in front-panel life safety control interfaces. Its exclusive SpeedTouch™ rotary control offers nimble forward and back scrolling through events and options, while a mere tap of the control selects items with an unprecedented fluidity of motion. Its extra-large backlit display reveals up to eight concurrent messages, and switch/LED strips provide ample space for meaningful custom labels. And for end users, large tactile control buttons instill confidence and promote quick response when time is of the essence.
• Supports Signature Series intelligent analog devices
• Three second alarm response time
• Total network wiring over 300.000 feet
• Supports 250 devices per loop. 2.500 devices per node
• Automatic device and panel addressing
• Eight channels of multiplexed audio
• 168 -character LCD display
• Uses existing wiring for most retrofit applications
• Slide -in LED and switch labels
The EST3 from High Rise Fire Protection has both the power and the capacity to handle even the largest of high rise building installations.
Supporting Signature Series multisensor analog detectors on a multi-priority peer-to-peer token ring network, EST3 boasts exceptional alarm response and virtually fail-safe operation. Ideal for high-rise office towers and campus style installations, EST3 supports a total network length of an incredible 60 miles and it does this without sacrificing even a nanosecond from its lightning fast three-second response time! And best of all, it is compatible with the analog multisensor detector. EST3’s user interface offers simple yet powerful control and display in any situation. Finger tip operation and intuitive feedback provide the big picture whether the user is in the midst of a crisis, or simply performing routine maintenance. And because EST3 supports a full eight channels of multiplexed audio, there’s plenty of capacity to handle communications.
Firefighters, emergency response personnel, and building occupants can all keep in touch when seconds count and information can save lives.
But its modular design is what makes EST3 a favorite with building owners, installers, and property managers: system components are arranged in layers that swing out for easy access; key components feature removable terminal blocks and simple plug-in connectors; and, its modular design means the system can easily keep pace with even the most radical changes to building floor plans.
Extremely flexible, easy to maintain, and a breeze to service, the EST3 is brimming with design innovations geared expressly towards the goal of providing exceptional performance with a minimum of system overhead.
With Signature Series intelligence, alarm decisions are made right at the device, thus conserving precious processing power at the control panel for other functions. This strategy, known as Distributed Intelligence, means that high communication speeds are unnecessary because data reaches the control panel already processed. Lower communications speed means that expensive shielded wiring is not necessary. In fact, with Signature Series intelligence most retrofit applications can use existing wiring and still deliver superior response times. With the added benefits of electronic addressing and automatic device mapping, these devices are not only the most reliable of their kind, they’re also simple to install. That’s why millions of Signature detectors can be found protecting buildings all over the planet.
Design flexibility built right into every application with a module to suit every need — and mounting options that save time and money. Making the best of true multisensor capability, Signature Series detectors continually monitor the protected space with their on-board sensors, each of which is finely tuned to detect a different characteristic of combustion. All this information is gathered and run through a sophisticated algorithm that compares the sensor readings over time to known signatures of fires. Only when a match is found will an alarm condition occur. This means that a single multisensor detector can distinguish between a harmless puff of dust and a wisp of smoke; between hot, humid weather and a serious life safety condition.
With modular carbon monoxide sensors, Signature Series detectors from High Rise Fire and Security pull double-duty, continually monitoring the environment for signs of smoke — as well as its invisible yet deadly companion, carbon monoxide. Meanwhile, continuous self-diagnostics ensures reliability over the long-haul, and innovative field-replaceable smoke chambers make detector maintenance literally a snap.
Signature Series input/output modules are powerful yet flexible devices that allow the life safety system to interact with the world beyond its Signature loop controller. The function of each module is determined by an installer selected personality code, which is set during system configuration. This exclusive Signature Series innovation provides elegant system interoperability — at a fraction of the cost and time when compared with other methods.
EST’s FireWorks—Transforms Information Into Action
When warning signals sound, will your personnel become frozen in the headlights of looming disaster, or act swiftly to protect your building and its occupants?
With EST’s FireWorks, you’ll have the answer. FireWorks is a breakthrough control interface that keeps pace with your building’s protection systems while charting the course for effective response every step of the way.
Somewhere, in a quiet uninhabited corner of your building, a smoke detector goes into alarm. Within seconds another follows suit. Somewhere else an electrical current suddenly changes polarity. Horns begin to sound, strobes flash. A CCTV camera pans to pick up a visual of the alarm scene. A dialer makes an automatic call to the fire department. Other circuits energize.
In a typical emergency situation, hundreds of events like these unfold system-wide in a matter of seconds. Individually they hold little meaning. Together they can overwhelm even the most seasoned operator. But from the right perspective they coalesce into a vivid picture of precisely what is happening, and most importantly, how best to respond. FireWorks™ strikes that delicate balance between too much information and not enough. It is the lens that brings cascading events from thousands of points into sharp, understandable focus. It is the tool that helps your personnel make sense of what is happening and get the information that’s needed for swift, decisive, and effective action.
By merging the very latest design technology with the most innovative life safety systems that have ever come to market, FireWorks™ delivers a highly effective, yet surprisingly simple means of monitoring and control for your building systems. Its unique four-quadrant display pinpoints relevant event details while keeping the big picture in plain view. And its familiar Windows® interface presents a clean, intuitive means of information retrieval and control.
Because FireWorks™ is event-driven, your personnel will never find themselves abandoned by technology just when it’s needed most. Regardless of whether an event is fire and/or security related, FireWorks™ automatically prioritizes all system events so that the most urgent information is always front-and-center. Color coding of event types provides instant visual recognition of what’s occurring. The system also keeps pace with your operator by constantly updating the content of adjacent display quadrants with information relevant to the currently selected event. As the situation unfolds, your operator is never more than a glance away from important, context-sensitive information necessary to bring the matter to a speedy and effective conclusion.
Using the latest Windows® operating system and FireWorks™ software, your life safety control merges seamlessly with other building systems. The payoff: unprecedented flexibility, lightning speed, and virtually limitless application potential.
Fire Alarm Initiating Devices
Devices that cause a fire alarm control panel to enter an alarm condition are initiating devices.
A fire alarm system is only as good as its initiating devices. Detectors and pull stations are the front lines in the war against loss of life and property. So it pays to go with the best. EST initiating devices are just that. From the most sophisticated Signature Series multisensor detector, to the simplest break-glass pull station, EST initiating devices combine the very latest technology with a range of products that incorporate the very best innovations.
Fire Alarm Indicating Devices
Devices that audibly or visibly signal an alarm condition are indicating devices, or notification appliances.
EST’s notification appliances are high-performance devices finely tuned to deliver maximum output in exchange for the lowest possible current draw. Available are a wide range of bells, strobes, horns, chimes, multi-tone signals, speakers, and hazardous location signals. Covering the entire spectrum of life safety applications, these devices are durable, dependable, and virtually maintenance-free. And they support a wide range of mounting options that make them ideal for new construction and retrofit applications alike.
Since pioneering Aspirating Smoke Detection (ASD) technology nearly 30 years ago, VESDA has been recognized as the best in the world, protecting personnel, irreplaceable assets and mission critical infrastructure in the world’s most iconic locations.
- Flair detection technology delivers reliable very early warning in a wide range of environments with minimal nuisance alarms
- Multi stage filtration and optical protection with clean air barriers ensures lifetime detection performance
- Four alarm levels and an ultra wide sensitivity range deliver optimum protection for the widest range of applications
- Intuitive LCD icon display provides instant status information for immediate response
- Flow fault thresholds per port accommodate varying airflow conditions
- Smart on-board filter retains dust count and remaining filter life for predictable maintenance
- Extensive event log (20,000 events) for event analysis and system diagnostics
- AutoLearn™ smoke and flow for reliable and rapid commissioning
- Referencing to accommodate external environmental conditions to minimise nuisance alarms
- Fully backward compatible with VLP and VESDAnet
- Remote monitoring with iVESDA for system review and proactive maintenance
- Ethernet for connectivity with Xtralis software for configuration, secondary monitoring and maintenance
- Industry first. Aspirating detector secondary monitoring and maintenance via WiFi
- USB for PC configuration, and firmware upgrade using a memory stick
- Two programmable GPIs (1 monitored) for flexible remote control
- Field replaceable sub-assemblies enable faster service and maximum uptime
Fire Detection for Open Spaces without Compromise
OSID’s uncompromising performance is based on the patented use of digital imaging, dual-frequency beams, and smart algorithms. The novel use of dual light frequencies in an open-path device enables OSID to discriminate between real smoke and other objects, including insects, steam, condensation and dust, thus dramatically reducing false alarms. The above makes OSID a robust, standard sensitivity detection system.
Installation and commissioning is simplified because exact alignment between the imager and emitter is not required. An imager can locate and lock in an emitter that is only roughly aligned thanks to the imager’s wide field of view. And because OSID uses a wide-angle imaging sensor, its sophisticated algorithms compensate for vibrations and building movement. The option of a battery-powered emitter means that cabling and installation costs also are reduced significantly.
OSID Features and Benefits
- Patented dual wavelength, UV & IR, particle detection
- CMOS imager with wide viewing angles
- Simple installation, commissioning and maintenance
- High tolerance to vibration and structural movement
- High resistance to dust, fogging, steam, reflections and object intrusion
- High resistance to reflected sunlight
- On-board log memory
- Software tool for diagnostic purposes
- Aesthetically discreet and 3-D coverage
- Long range up to 150 m. (492 ft.) with minimal free space (Ø15 cm./5.85”)